Prince of Peace is thrilled to once again offer a Summer Academic and Enrichment Camp for rising K5 through 8th grade students! This camp experience will target math and literacy skills and prepare students for a successful start next Fall. The academic program is driven from Achieve Literacy and Mathematics, as well as curricula from Prince of Peace. The enrichment programing is STEM Robotics driven from the Engineering Design Process. Ultimately, the experience would balance academic enrichment and learning with fun and engaging activities.
Dates: 27 June through 28 July (we have built in a “break” in the camp from 12-19 July to allow families to participate in Totus Tuus Vacation Bible School):
Sessions (students participate in all weeks): Week 1: 27-30 June; Week 2: 5-7 July; Week 3: 18-21 July; Week 4: 25-28 July
Hours: 9a-12p daily (1 hour Mathematics; 1 hour Literacy; 1 hour Enrichment-STEM Robotics)
- Cost: As a result of the EANS (Emergency Assistance for Non-Public Schools) funding, we are able to offer the camp free of charge. The only cost for the camp is a $20 fee for a POPCS Summer Camp tee shirt.
- Enrollment: Enrollment is open exclusively to POPCS families until 15 April. On 16 April, it is open to interested parish families! Space is limited to 10 students per class. The classes are for rising grades: K5 and 1st together, 2nd and 3rd together, 4th and 5th together, and Middle School.
- Contact Tammy Lopez at email@example.com
- All are welcome to Summer Art Camp with Marilyn Alber. A great way to start your summer and get creative. Registration deadline is Friday, May 27th. Registration forms are available at the school office or email Marilyn Alber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two weeks to choose from [6/13- 6/17] or [6/20 – 6/24] for students entering 1st – 8th. (Limit 8-10 students)
- Classes are held for 2 hours a day Monday through Friday. (Students 1st-3rd (10:00-12:00)) (Students 4th-8th (1:00-3:00)).
- Fees for one week session is $160 (Materials provided).
- Classes will be held in the Walsingham Building – Art Room.
- Our wildly successful Vacation Bible School, Totus Tuus, will be returning 10-15 July 2022! Mark your calendars now for all entering 1st-12th graders (evening program for 7-12th graders). We have ONLY 90 slots for our elementary program. Please contact Maria Barontini with questions!
- Host! Let Maria Barontini know if you are interested in hosting the Totus Tuus team. Two families needed (2 males or 2 females).
- Meals! 4 dinner hosts are needed for the Totus Tuus team. Host in your home, at a restaurant or with delivery! 4 team hungry team members will be grateful.
- The elementary program is waitlist only.
- Attention elementary and middle school parents: Prince of Peace is once again offering our popular Summer Choral Theatre, June 12-18. Participants will join with others from our parish and school in learning and performing a faith-building, fully costumed musical drama. Each day is an all-inclusive activity that will include snacks, social activities, and even outdoor time, in addition to the rehearsals of singing, staging, and basic choreography. Your child won’t want to miss this exciting week! There are only 40 spots available for each session, so make sure to register your child for this opportunity to enjoy a week of fun, singing, acting, and games!
- Program Fee- $85 for one child, $150 for two children, $200 family maximum (includes instruction, t-shirt, themed snacks, and materials)
- Registration is open exclusively to Prince of Peace families through March 31. Registration will open to all others beginning April 1. All registrations are due no later than May 10.
- See flyer.
- Contact Eranga Goonetilleke email@example.com
- Dribble for Destiny Summer Basketball Camp is 5-8 July from 9a-12n for ages 8-13 boys and girls. Fee: $119 includes free t-shirt and ball; 2 ball dribbling, passing, shooting, ball handling, video, daily contests, and daily devotions. THIS IS A 4 DAY CAMP THAT BEGINS ON A TUESDAY. MAXIMUM 50 ATHLETES. SIGN UP AND PAY NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. See registration form.
- Archery Camp is open to rising 4th-9th graders (parish & school). Camp is 27 June-1 July from 9a-11.30a. The cost is $90 for the 1st child, $80 for the 2nd child, and $70 for the 3rd+ child. Snacks are provided during camp. Registration packets are available in the parish office. Questions? Contact Coach Moreau firstname.lastname@example.org