Due to growing concerns about the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) as well as flu season, we’re taking several precautions. The most important is to encourage anyone feeling symptoms of illness or diagnoses sick to stay home from Mass and/or school for the duration of it, as appropriate.
At all OF Masses:
- we will suspend the handshake/kiss of peace (EF Masses already do not include this)
At our parish school, our protocols remain consistent with the Centers for Disease Control & World Heath Organization:
- frequently touched objects and surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected
- common areas, like our classrooms, are cleaned and disinfected daily
- parents of children who are sick are asked to keep them home and are not allowed to return to school until 24 hours fever free
As individuals, the CDC & WHO recommends that you:
- wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently
- keep frequently touched objects and surfaces disinfected with regular household sprays/wipes
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue that is thrown away
- avoid contact with people who are sick or symptomatic
- avoid touching your nose, eyes, and mouth
- use a breathing mask in medical settings, as appropriate
The World Health Organization serves as a great resource if you would like to find out more about the Coronavirus and appropriate measures to mitigate it’s spread.