For a PDF of the Principal job description, click here.
Principal Job Description
October 25, 2018
Do you want to lead an intentionally Catholic, nationally recognized school that proclaims the Truth, Goodness, and Beauty of our Faith?
Prince of Peace Catholic Church and School is in search of a principal to uphold and strengthen our spiritual and academic excellence. As the principal apostolate of Prince of Peace Catholic Church, we collaborate with families to offer children an integrated Catholic formation in Faith, in Knowledge, in Friendship, for Service. The mission of Prince of Peace is to share the fullness of the Gospel to all we encounter in our lives by equipping disciples to create and strengthen a personal relationship with Christ. By the grace of God we are called to strive for personal holiness, participate fully in the vibrant life of the Church’s Tradition, and transform the world. Prince of Peace Catholic School exists to bring children and their families closer to heaven by involving them in our parish-school community. We are a community of intentional disciples of Christ seeking a covenantal relationship with the parish and school leadership to bring us all closer to our goal of eternal friendship with God.
Established in 2003, Prince of Peace Catholic School enrolls nearly 150 students prekindergarten through eighth grade under the guidance and instruction of 30 faculty and staff members. Located in the vibrant Upstate of South Carolina within the Diocese of Charleston, the encompassing Greenville area offers excellent arts and cultural scenes, beautiful parks, and nationally ranked colleges and universities. Prince of Peace Catholic School is a member of the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA) and the South Carolina Independent Schools Association (SCISA) and uses the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools. Prince of Peace Catholic School is a SACS accredited academic institution and a United States Department of Education 2014 National Blue Ribbon School.
Reporting directly to the Pastor, the Principal is responsible for establishing and operating all aspects of the school while embracing the school and parish’s core mission and values.
The position will include responsibilities in the following areas:
- Cultivate the traditional spiritual, liturgical, and musical culture of the school
- Foster a welcoming, positive environment for faculty, staff, students, and families
- Support our school community in the formation of the whole person
- Maintain seamless identity and relationship between the parish and school
- Encourage and facilitate opportunities for charitable service within the community
- Uphold academic excellence and achievements
- Ensure compliance with accreditation requirements
- Advance differentiated education in the school Administration
- Lead, engage, and support all faculty and staff with an intentional approach of servant leadership
- Attract and retain dynamic Catholic educators
- Direct professional growth goals and manage faculty evaluations
- Maintain safety and legal requirements of the Diocese of Charleston
- Manage the finances of the school in conjunction with the School Finance Committee
- Supervise the daily running of the school and provide leadership to all students, faculty, and staff
- Work in tandem with the School Advisory Council
- Establish and maintain effective communication with faculty, staff, families, and students
- Coordinate and enforce school and Diocesan policies
- Actively grow enrollment of the school Candidate Requirements
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Minimum of 5 years classroom experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent
- Successful experience in school administration
Salary and compensation will be commensurate with experience and credentials. Candidate should provide a resume and a written statement of his/her personal philosophy on Catholic education to email@example.com by January 15, 2019.
Prince of Peace Catholic Church https://jeffb94.sg-host.com
Prince of Peace Catholic School http://www.popcatholicschool.org
Visit Greenville https://www.visitgreenvillesc.com